Privacy and Cookies policy
Privacy and Cookies policy of Wyseminds
(Last updated in October 2020)
Welcome to the website of Wyseminds. Your privacy and the security of your personal data are very important to us. We therefore collect and manage your personal data with the utmost care and take specific measures to keep them secure. Below, you will find the main information regarding our processing of your personal data in relation to your browsing on www.wyseminds.com and the use of the services offered.
We process your personal data in accordance with the data protection regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. In this privacy statement we explain what personal data we process for what purpose. We encourage you to read it carefully. In case you have any questions with regard to this privacy statement you may address these by sending an email to [[email protected]].
Wyseminds B.V., (Wyseminds or we) is the party responsible for all data processing.
Processing of personal data
When using our services, Wyseminds may process your personal data. The personal data that we manage are those that you provide us with when you are filling in a questionnaire or the contact form on our website or send us an e-mail to one of our corporate e-mail addresses. Wyseminds may process the following personal data:
- Your first and surname
- Your company name
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your billing address
- Your payment details
- Information about your browsing on our website
Purpose of processing personal data
Wyseminds processes your personal data for the exclusion and execution of an agreement of which you are a part, or in order to take steps, at your request, prior to entering into a contract. This basis legitimises the processing of personal data that takes place for the following purposes:
- to contact you upon request of your employer and/or to contact you in writing or via email;
- to perform our duties under a contract entered into with you or your employer; and
- to manage any requests and questions you send to us by filling in the contact form on our website.
Wyseminds will carry out the following processing activities only if you have given us your express consent:
- marketing activities, such as sending commercial communications (newsletters) about our services, in order to update you on news, new services, offers and promotions;
Wyseminds has a legitimate interest in protecting this website from bots and spam, and therefore we use reCAPTCHA to prevent spam. reCAPTCHA is a free service that protects our website from spam and abuse. It uses advanced risk analysis techniques to tell humans and bots apart. We use reCAPTCHA to secure our contact form.
As Wyseminds does not offer any services to private persons, all personal data is gathered and processed for business purposes only (B2B).
Storage and retention period
Wyseminds stores your data for a limited period of time which period differs depending on the type of activity that involves the processing of your personal data. After the retention period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise rendered anonymous in an irreversible way. Your data are stored in compliance with the terms and criteria specified below:
- Data collected to conclude and execute agreements for the purchase of services shall be retained until completion of administrative and accounting formalities. The billing data will be kept for ten years from the billing date.
- Data related to your requests or questions send by filling in the contact form on our website: your information, including the contact details you enter in the contact form, will be stored until your request is processed or your questions have been answered.
- Data used for commercial communications (newsletters) shall be retained until you exercise opposition by unsubscribing from the mailing list. You may find the method for unsubscribing in the emails sent to you.
Your personal data will be stored on our servers which are located in the European Union.
Sharing of personal data
Our questionnaire tool is operated by a third party, called Survey Anyplace. We will ensure that Survey Anyplace only processes the personal data as entered by you in the questionnaire in accordance with this privacy statement and appropriate contractual safeguards. Survey Anyplace’s servers are located in Dublin, Ireland.
In addition, Wyseminds will share your personal data with third parties for the purpose of performing its duties under a contract entered into with you or your employer, or if we are obliged to do so pursuant to a statutory provision or a decision of the court or supervisory body, or if this is necessary in the interest of preventing, detecting or prosecuting criminal offences (such as fraud, fraud or scams).
When giving third parties access to your personal data, we will ensure your data is only being used in a way similar to or for a similar purpose as the purpose for which the personal data has been gathered, and only in accordance with this privacy statement and any legal obligation (e.g. an obligation of confidentiality and security measures).
What cookies do we use?
- Performance or analytical cookies: these allow us to monitor our site traffic patterns to help improve our communications.
- Functional cookies: sometimes we use these to allow us to remember choices you’ve made or actions you’ve taken in order to personalise and enhance your experience with us.
- Advertising cookies: we and also our service providers/partners may use these (also known as targeting cookies) to serve you ads that we think will be most relevant to you and what you’re interested in.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Google uses this information to maintain information on the use of our webpage, to share with us reports on our webpage and to share information with its advertisers on the effectiveness of their campaigns. Google may share this information with third parties under an obligation stipulated by applicable legislation, or when third parties process this information on the instructions of Google. Wyseminds has not given permission to Google to use the gathered analytics information for any other service offered by Google.
Wyseminds has reasonable and appropriate security measures in place to ensure your personal data are safe. Our webpage is certified to prevent third parties from accessing your personal data.
May you have any concerns or be under the impression that your personal data is not safe or see any signs of abuse, or if you wish to receive more information on Wyseminds’ Datacenter’s security measures for protecting your personal data, you may contact us by sending an email to [[email protected]].
Right to object
You may enter an objection to the use of your personal data, for example when you are of the opinion that the use of your personal data is not necessary for performing the duties under a contract entered into with you or your employer or for meeting any obligation as stipulated by applicable legislation. You may send your objection, including a substantiation of your objection, to [[email protected]]. Wyseminds will respond to you objecting within one (1) month after receiving your objection.
In addition to the aforementioned, you may have the right to:
- Gain access to your personal data gathered by Wyseminds. You may request information of which data have been registered and for what purposes that data could be used;
- Have your personal data be adjusted when the information is clearly erroneous. You may also request Wyseminds to keep the processing of your personal data to a minimum;
- Have your personal data be removed from our systems. We will honour your request unless we have an imperative or legitimate interest to not remove your data from our systems, and this interest outweighs your personal interest. In case Wyseminds has deleted your personal data, technical reasons restrict us from directly deleting any copies of the deleted data from our (backup) systems.
- Have your personal data be transferred to a third party.
- Submit a complaint about the processing of your personal data. If we do not meet your request for access, rectification objection, restriction, erasure or transfer of your personal data, you can submit a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in your country. In The Netherlands, the relevant authority is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/). If you are not happy with how the complaint is resolved, you can lodge an appeal with the courts.
Any request, including substantiation of the request, and compliant may be sent to [[email protected]]. You may refer to this email address with any questions and/or complaints on the manner in which Wyseminds processes your personal data.
Revisions to privacy statement
Wyseminds reserves the right to make any revisions to this privacy statement. All revisions will be published on our webpage.